NZPI Award Panel Chair, Andrew Willis has announced the winners of the 2013 New Zealand Planning Institute Awards that were presented at the NZPI Conference held in Hamilton.
The excellent range of projects, plans, strategies, teams and individuals nominated for this year's awards reflects the quality and diversity of our profession. The Panel was particularly impressed with the range and depth of work being undertaken throughout the country and the leadership exhibited by many of the work examples clearly showcasing planners and the profession.
Click here to download the 2013 Awards Booklet
The winners are:
- Wallace Ross Graduate Research Award
Kerry Mattingly for A Masters on Housing and Transport Expenditure: Socio-spatial Indicators of Affordability in Auckland .
- Reginald Hammond Scholarship
Liam Winter for Outstanding scholarship
- Rodney Davies Project Award
Napier City Council and Harrison Grierson for the Maraenui CPTED Assessment Project
- Best Practice Commendation: Strategic Planning and Guidance
Auckland Council for Auckland Plan - a New Planning Paradigm for Auckland
- Best Practice Commendation: Integrated Planning
Christchurch City Council for Christchurch Transport Strategic Plan
- Best Practice Commendation: District Planning
Palmerston North City Council for Palmerston North City Council Plan Change 1
- Best Practice Award: Consultation and Participation Strategies/and or Processes
Porirua City Council, Greater Wellington Regional Council, Wellington City Council and Ngati Toa Rangatira for Porirua Harbour & Catchment Strategy & Action Plan
- Best Practice Award: Integrated Planning and Investigations
The Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team, Environment Canterbury, Christchurch City Council and Beca for SCIRT Collaborative Approach to Global Consenting Framework
- Best Practice Award: Non Statutory Planning
Te Mana o Ngati Rangitihi Trust, the Bay of Plenty Regional Council and Boffa Miskell Ltd for Ngati Rangitihi Iwi Environmental Management Plan
- Best Practice Award: Strategic Planning and Guidance
Auckland Transport and Beca for Khyber Pass Rd Corridor Management Plan
- Nancy Northcroft Supreme Planning Practice Award
Te Mana o Ngati Rangitihi Trust, Bay of Plenty Regional Council and Boffa Miskell Ltd for Ngati Rangitihi Iwi Environmental Management Plan
Congratulations to all!